Author Topic: MPA Shutting Down Powertabs.net  (Read 2413 times)

Offline V3Iv3tR3v0Iv3r

• Straight Shooter
Im sure many of you have noticed that powertabs.net is no longer working and I've been reading people fight back and forth about how the powertabs are a copyright infringment etc. But I wanna know what you guys think of it all.

Offline velvet_loaded

• Gunslinger

It;s Bullshit. Fuckin' MPA. I guess I just shouldn't learn guitar anymore?

Offline Kriss

• Male Driver
  • Sniper Assassin
Its really sad because its not like people can afford to buy a tab book for one song etc.

It just means playing and learning guitar is becoming less accessible.

Offline Rusted_Hero

• Target Practice
Does that mean mysongbook.com is likely to be shut down as well? Thats bo****ks if thats the case  :furious:

Offline WalkingARazor

• Gunslinger
  • Who, me?
    • Nancy's Grilled Cheese Land
www.ultimate-guitar.com won't be being shut down anytime soon. It's a good Russian TAB site. This is getting ridiculous with the shutting down of TAB sites. It's unofficial stuff, c'mon!

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
for all the tab sites shut down new ones will appear.

the same thing happened with file sharing.

Offline velvet_loaded

• Gunslinger

Petition!

:lol: that wouldn't work would it lol...

Offline KOL

• Gunslinger
  • What a waster,what a fuckin waster!
all powertabs have been put on ultimate guitar.Just type in 'dirty little thing' for example and the powertab version is in the list.

All is not lost :headbanger:

Offline Superman with VR

• Sniper Assassin
    • My solo music
Unfortunately even lyric websites are copyright infringement, let alone tab sites. I don't think it matters too much - the tab sites are almost never accurate.

It;s Bullshit. Fuckin' MPA. I guess I just shouldn't learn guitar anymore?

How many great sites are there that teach how to play rock songs on piano? Barely any, or at least accurate ones. But there is obviously no shortage of people taking up the piano. I think guitar will be just fine.

Offline RocketQueen85

• Sniper Assassin
aw man that sucks!!  However there will always be tab site around weather they will be anygood or not I duno but it would be a bit hard to shut them all down!!

Offline Duff_me

• Straight Shooter
  • Hands all shaking got your finger on the trigger
it sucks ! I do music at college and we have to play existing songs and change them about some what... and what exactly are we to give the musicians to play from if they all close down ! Us students cant afford to buy a tab book for every song we have to play which eventually is counted as a part of our final grade ! :?

Offline Will

• Sniper Assassin
www.ultimate-guitar.com is pretty good, but some tabs are unreliable. try that site, i've had the best luck wit them.