Pick your favorite

David Lee Roth
52 (69.3%)
Sammy Hagar
20 (26.7%)
Gary Cherone
3 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Author Topic: Van Halen (Discussion Thread)  (Read 36024 times)

Offline ZenChuzzle

• Straight Shooter
i know but he does look a little better than he did earlier this year

Offline Trist805#2

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flamin' Hot Cheeto Addict
I listen to the Howard Stern show but I didn't catch that part.  I heard it was a really bad interview tho and Eddie kinda fucked up his legacy and image.  I think he said he was better than Hendrix too or something. 

OMG having his son in Van Halen.  Talk about a free ride for the kid.  I hate it when ppl do stuff like that.  His kid wasn't even alive when Van Halen was around. 

Offline ZenChuzzle

• Straight Shooter
I listen to the Howard Stern show but I didn't catch that part.  I heard it was a really bad interview tho and Eddie kinda fucked up his legacy and image.  I think he said he was better than Hendrix too or something. 

OMG having his son in Van Halen.  Talk about a free ride for the kid.  I hate it when ppl do stuff like that.  His kid wasn't even alive when Van Halen was around. 
I know what your coming from with that image thing. i always saw him as the guy who smiles all the time and who is the good guy. Now he makes Roth look like a angel. I mean to bash his old bandmates like that.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
i'd still go to see it, just cause EVH is a legend, and absolutley amazing

Offline frankandbeans

• Pea Gun Newbie
Dudes, there's this blog written by an entertainment lawyer and he's blogs about blind items because he can't reveal identities..etc, because he's a lawyer. so, one posting sounds like it's about Eddie Van Halen having HIV and giving HIV to his ex wife, who may have had a HIV baby!!!

read it and read the comments because people do research and figure it out.

http://crazydaysandnights.blogspot.com/2006/11/i-am-sorry-this-post-took-so-long-but.html

and it is true, whether it's about Eddie or not, the situation is true. but so far Eddie really seems like the best guess.

what do you think

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
Bullshit. Some jerk ass lawyer wanting to be famous.

Offline Sammy_dirty_little_thing

• Sniper Assassin
  • Hi, My Name is Samantha
    • Sammy's Myspace Site
thw stories people come up with!  :lol:

Offline Superman with VR

• Sniper Assassin
    • My solo music
I don't think there's any real reason to even suggest EVH. The description is way too generic to give any identity away.

My question is what kind of douche bag attorney blogs his cases? Whether keeping confidentiality or not, it still seems wrong. Especially since it gives way to the defaming of innocent parties by way of busy-bodies making blind guesses like on this site.

Offline COOLFOOL

• Unloaded
  • ROTH ARMY
The net is buzzin'...

With the ROCK'n"ROLL HALL OF FAME induction in march...talks aboot a DAVID LEE ROTH & CLASSIC VAN HALEN tour in 2007....

Aboot time.....

Offline Melody

• Sniper Assassin
  • EStonian...

Offline Fannybandit

• Straight Shooter
David Lee Roth had some part in van halen being what it was...hagar is wat brian johnson is to bon scott

yeh agreed, its a good solution however though roth and johnson rock

Offline Jim The Stimulator

• The Habs Fan
  • Global Moderator
    • http://europein28days.blogspot.com/
Van Halen Reportedly Close To Reunion Tour With Diamond Dave

It's one of the oft-heard questions in the Rock world: Can Van Halen co-exist again with David Lee Roth? It appears that they might give it a try once again, as multiple sources are reporting a major summer tour is in the works. This would be the first time Roth would tour as a member of the band since 1984.

According to Rolling Stone, Roth and the band got back together last month to rehearse 14 songs at Eddie Van Halen's home studio in Hollywood. “They totally got along on a personal level,” a source told the magazine. “And it sounded great."

"Everything is up in the air,” Eddie Van Halen told Rolling Stone. “We don’t want to say anything prematurely.” He also hinted that the rest of the band was waiting for Diamond Dave. “People know where we are and that we’re making music. Whoever wants to come up can join us — they’re welcome.” The magazine's anonymous source added that “Dave is ready. He’s been ready.”

Billboard adds that a contract between the band and Live Nation could be signed any minute now, locking in a 40-date summer tour of amphitheaters with Roth on board. Van Halen's last tour was in 2004 with Sammy Hagar singing, but Hagar and Eddie Van Halen have apparently had their differences.

The entire reunion adds to the curiosity about what could happen in March when the band is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Both Hagar and Roth are being inducted as members of the band (though Gary Cherone was omitted). The current lineup of Van Halen also reportedly includes Eddie's teenage son Wolfgang on bass, replacing Michael Anthony.
[/b]It's one of the oft-heard questions in the Rock world: Can Van Halen co-exist again with David Lee Roth? It appears that they might give it a try once again, as multiple sources are reporting a major summer tour is in the works. This would be the first time Roth would tour as a member of the band since 1984.

According to Rolling Stone, Roth and the band got back together last month to rehearse 14 songs at Eddie Van Halen's home studio in Hollywood. “They totally got along on a personal level,” a source told the magazine. “And it sounded great."

"Everything is up in the air,” Eddie Van Halen told Rolling Stone. “We don’t want to say anything prematurely.” He also hinted that the rest of the band was waiting for Diamond Dave. “People know where we are and that we’re making music. Whoever wants to come up can join us — they’re welcome.” The magazine's anonymous source added that “Dave is ready. He’s been ready.”

Billboard adds that a contract between the band and Live Nation could be signed any minute now, locking in a 40-date summer tour of amphitheaters with Roth on board. Van Halen's last tour was in 2004 with Sammy Hagar singing, but Hagar and Eddie Van Halen have apparently had their differences.

The entire reunion adds to the curiosity about what could happen in March when the band is inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Both Hagar and Roth are being inducted as members of the band (though Gary Cherone was omitted). The current lineup of Van Halen also reportedly includes Eddie's teenage son Wolfgang on bass, replacing Michael Anthony.

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=339712

Offline EVH_slash

• Target Practice
it's now confirmed, Roth is back with Van Halen!
from the official site:

VAN HALEN IS BACK!
VAN HALEN OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCE SUMMER TOUR
February 2, 2007
Los Angeles, CA - In what is no doubt one of the most anticipated moments in rock and roll, VAN HALEN officially announces their 2007 North American tour.

The tour will mark the first time since 1984 that original VAN HALEN front man David Lee Roth will perform with Eddie and Alex Van Halen along with new bassist Wolfgang Van Halen for 40 shows this summer.

VAN HALEN fans can look forward to legendary high intensity performances, featuring a set list of the most iconic hits ever produced by America's premiere rock band.

Eddie Van Halen states, "I am very excited to get back to the core of what made VAN HALEN."

• The Habs Fan
  • Global Moderator
Van Halen Chemistry Is "Combustible"

With the announcement that David Lee Roth will reunite with Van Halen for their first tour together in 23 years, naturally the band is rehearsing and getting reacquainted. But in an interview with Rolling Stone that will hit news stands on February 23, Roth says it is basically like he never left the fold.

"Eddie [Van Halen] and I wrote the songs, every note, every syllable, as if we invented a language that only we can speak," Roth explains in the interview. "It was an easy, natural thing. When you speak a language that you both created, it’s natural to go, 'I know you.' So it was very easy. There wasn’t any stumble at all. I just showed up, and 20 minutes later, it was the usual, 'How’s the wife, how’s the kids, let’s play.' When you’re born to do that language, you speak it naturally. I never forgot it."

He also says the chemistry in the band is "combustible" and that, "There’s an explosive sound there that is, perhaps, unless you were there, which most folks weren’t, than you may have forgotten." And as for whether the reunion will be permanent rather than a one-summer deal, Roth says, "God willing, and the creek don’t run dry, just like Grandma Roth used to say. Barring any act of God or Ferrari…yeah. I have hope and faith, and that’s more than just the name of a couple of strippers from Albuquerque."

As previously reported, Van Halen is set to be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on March 12, and they will do a 40-show tour this summer. The current lineup of the band features three members of the Van Halen family, including Eddie, his brother Alex on drums and his son Wolfgang on bass.

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=352608

Offline skotansky

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • STP+GNR=VELVET FUCK'N REVOLVER
    • MY SPACE
The ultimate tour would involve the first half of the show, with David Lee Roth on vocals do all the original Van Halen material. The second half of the show would have "SAMMY" doing the vocals.  Maybe as a show closer both Sammy and Dave could come on stage and do a few songs together.   Id pay the "BIG BUCKS" to see that.

• The Habs Fan
  • Global Moderator
Van Halen Reunion Tour Postponed Indefinitely

Was it too good to be true? Pollstar is reporting that the much-hyped Van Halen reunion tour with David Lee Roth has already fallen through and is now "officially postponed infinitely." Sources tell the tour magazine that a tour announcement may have not been far off, and just last week, Rolling Stone posted excerpts from an upcoming interview with Roth about the reunion, which is slated for its next issue. The magazine's Web site also unveiled the first-ever group shot of the current lineup of the band, including Eddie Van Halen, his brother Alex on drums and his son Wolfgang on bass.

Sources also tell Denver's Rocky Mountain News that Van Halen's performance at next month's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony may also be in jeopardy too.

Roth told Rolling Stone the band had been rehearsing together again and their chemistry is currently "combustible," though with today's news, it appears that combustion may have actually happened between Roth and the Van Halen family.

Van Halen was expected to do a full, 40 city tour this summer.

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=354520

Ok, who here is surprised? :lol:

• The Habs Fan
  • Global Moderator
It's Official: Van Halen Tour Called Off

Earlier this week, multiple sources were reporting that the Van Halen reunion tour with David Lee Roth had been "postponed indefinitely." Now Rolling Stone says that it's official: the tour will not be happening at all. The magazine cites a memo informing Live Nation employees simply that "the Van Halen tour has been shut down." Some other reports have said there may have been "contractual issues" surrounding the tour and a deal with Live Nation never fully materialized.

Also, a new Van Halen best-of disc highlighting the Roth years was set to be released by Rhino Records this fall, to capitalize on the tour and the band's induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. Now Blabbermouth reports that the compilation has also been "indefinitely postponed."

The next issue of Rolling Stone is slated to have a feature on the band, and excerpts have already appeared on RollingStone.com from a new interview with Roth, along with the first group shot of the new lineup.

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=356008

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
  • While my guitar gently weeps...
I'm not surprised that it happened, but I am surprised how it (supposedly) happened. Apparently it was Eddie, not David Lee Roth, who was being a prima donna and was the major reason this tour never took off.

• The Habs Fan
  • Global Moderator
After reports surfaced yesterday that Van Halen's tour with David Lee Roth was definitely called off, now a new report from Billboard.com is saying that the outing is still in the works and will happen eventually, though it is unclear exactly when. Billboard says the decision to postpone the tour indefinitely was not due to any internal strife among band members. The wheels were in motion for a 40-date amphitheater tour, but the Van Halen camp has yet to make any official announcement about the postponement or the reasons behind it. Meanwhile, the band will be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame on March 12.

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=356795

So I guess we'll know for sure during the Hall Of Fame Induction.  If they perform together, there couldn't be that much bad blood between them.

• The Habs Fan
  • Global Moderator
Eddie Van Halen Jumping Into Rehab

It looks like the real reason for the cancelation of the Van Halen reunion tour with David Lee Roth may be coming to light, as Eddie Van Halen has announced that he is checking into rehab. In a message to fans posted on Van-Halen.com, Eddie wrote, "I have always and will always feel a responsibility to give you my best. At the moment I do not feel that I can give you my best. That’s why I have decided to enter a rehabilitation facility to work on myself, so that in the future I can deliver the 110 percent that I feel I owe you and want to give you."

He continued by saying, "Some of the issues surrounding the 2007 Van Halen tour are within my ability to change and some are not. As far as my rehab is concerned, it is within my ability to change and change for the better. I want you to know that is exactly what I’m doing, so that I may continue to give you the very best I am capable of."

With these circumstances coming to light, it looks like only singer Sammy Hagar and bassist Michael Anthony will show up at the band's induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on Monday in New York City. Drummer Alex Van Halen is expected to skip the ceremony out of loyalty to his brother, and David Lee Roth has already said that the organizers' decision to let Velvet Revolver perform Van Halen songs turned him off to attending the event.

"I don't make speeches for a living; I sing and dance for my dinner," Roth told the Los Angeles Times, adding that he had been preparing since December to perform at the ceremony. "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music. I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=365649

Offline classic_rocker8

• Target Practice
  • Never underestimate the dangers on Sunset Blvd.
There Roth goes again... being an idiot.  What, did he want to perform without Eddie?  Things looked promising on Eddie's part as to a tour once he gets out of rehab, though.  I would love if he'd get back with Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony.  I didn't get to see them in 2004... I would kill to see Van Hagar as it should be.  In case you couldn't tell, I definitely prefer Sammy.

Offline sergiodefenders

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • YOU'RE GONNA DIEEEEEEEEE

Offline classic_rocker8

• Target Practice
  • Never underestimate the dangers on Sunset Blvd.
 :D Happy Van Halen Day!!!  :D

I'm trying to listen to all of my Van Halen today... not sure if I can make it through, but I'm enjoying it! :headbanger:

Offline Will

• Sniper Assassin
okay so this isn't the right section to post it, i know, but my computer wont let me start a new thread, so

can anyone help me out with the piano sheet music of 'right now'? a site to download or something?