Author Topic: Questions/Comments for Slash ~  (Read 108436 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
I'm starting a thread just for questions and comments for Slash since Duff mentioned that the band reads the board and so it might be easier for them to find then individual topics.  Keep in mind...as far as we know Slash is not a member of the board at this time.

Offline WomanoftheWorld

• Slash Momma
  • Sniper Assassin
  • Slashaholics "untie!"
    • All Things Considered...Slash!
Hey Slash, if you ever drop in, just wanted to say I love your Godfather track.  Any chance you might one day do a whole album of solos?  That would be heaven!!!! :smitten:

Offline ralphi

• Pea Gun Newbie
    • http://www.gp4sound.com
Quote from: WomanoftheWorld
Hey Slash, if you ever drop in, just wanted to say I love your Godfather track.  Any chance you might one day do a whole album of solos?  That would be heaven!!!! :smitten:

now THAT! would be cool.. oyy.. :o

hmm.. i dunno if i really have a question.. exept to say thanx..  if you ever read this i wanna say thanx.. cuz your the reason i'm playing guitar..  

damn it there was one question a long time ago i wanted to ask... but can't think of it now..  

well maybe there is one.. do you ever regret anything you've done in the past.. music wise that is..
 :lol:

Offline Cressida

• Sniper Assassin
I'd just like to know what he could advise me to do as a guitarist to better myself? Not just stating the obvious as to practice, but what tactics he could suggest?

Offline KOL

• Gunslinger
  • What a waster,what a fuckin waster!
theres to many questions for me to ask.But i do have a comment that sums SLASH up  in one word.  LEGEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S you and VR kicked ass at Manchester and i cant wait to see you in Cardiff on my birthday... 19th January

Offline dayle1066

• Pea Gun Newbie
Just gonna say Slash your a guitar god and Manchester was amazing, got to actually speak to you after the show as you were getting on the bus!!!! Ill be at the London show!

Offline Slasharella

• Pea Gun Newbie
Slash- I just wanted to tell you that I have been going to concerts for 20 years and have seen it all, but seeing you play your solos live was the sexiest and coolest thing I have ever witnessed. You are amazing, and the reason I play guitar.

By the way, what do you think of female guitar players???

8)  8)  8)

Offline Silk Pistol

• Pea Gun Newbie
    • http://holemelissa.tripod.com
My Question for SLASH is: How do YOU start to right riffs and solo's!!

Offline ErikaLynne

• Target Practice
    • my site
hey slash! hopefully you're reading this haha, but I just wanted to say that you are fucking incredible and you really are like..a GUITAR GOD your fucking insane at playing it and u seriously are a living legend! Everyone LOVES Velvet Revolver, you guys brought back dirty-sweaty-gut busting rock-n-roll and we love you guys for that! VR is AWESOME and I can wait to see u perform in the heart of texas, AUSTIN!!WooHOO0o0o0!!!! yaay im excited!!

oh by the way the SLASH magazine by GUITAR LEGENDS is awesome as well ;)

Offline RageNirvanaNIN

• Straight Shooter
Hey slash your truely a great guitarist. Your use of the pentonic and blues scale is amazing. Your style reminds me alot of jimmy page and more classic rock approch. Ive been playing for a year and love your style. Is there any tips that you can give me ? , like how to go about making a solo? How long did it take you to actually create your own solo?

Also

Do you still sit down and play old gnr tunes from back in the day sometimes? ( you dont have to answer if its a little to personal )

I play at least 6-8 hours everyday practicing everything and playing anything from bb king to zep and everything in between , i have a band and we are all very dedicated to it. Is it even possible for me to think of getting famous , at all , or is it something that is unrealistic? Im not your typical 13 year old guitar player , i know my way around the frets , but i mean i have loads more i need to learn. But im dedicated is that all that really matters?

Offline fedes

• Pea Gun Newbie
hey Slash, I'm from Argentina Let me tell you that I started palying the guitar because of you, You're amazing

I just want to know if you're planning to come to Bs. As.
I hope it will be soon, because we' re waiting for you guys!
You really rock! :headbanger:

Offline Gunner723

• Pea Gun Newbie
Hey Slash if you do read this you are the sexiest man alive :drooling: and the best guitar player and a living legend keep playing like you do you're amazing!.I love you more than anything!VR RULES!:slash:I LOVE YOU!!!!!!:smitten: THE VELVET REVOLVER SHOW AT THE RIVIERA IN CHICAGO ROCKED THANKS FOR THE AUTOGRAPHS AND THE HUG IT MEANT EVERYTHING TO ME I'LL NEVER FORGET IT! :wink: Love you always *Danielle*

Offline SLASH=COOL

• Sniper Assassin
hey slash if your gunna check in i wanted to say hi hows it going.

Offline Martin

• Sniper Assassin
Hey Slash,

I wanna ask a strange non-guitar related question.  I have recently (the lst 18 months) grown my hair to quite a long length and someone was messing around the other day pretending to cut it off.  I actually had a fuckin nightmare about it later.  If someone cut it I would be devestated and feel like I had lost my identity.

So, my question is - For someone who's identity is all about the Les Paul, the hat and the hair - what the fuck would you do if someone just cut it off, or if someone asked you to cut it for a charity you really believed in?  Can you ever see yourself cutting it off?  What about when it goes gray?

Anyone, I know it was a strange question but I thought it would be something different from the usual guitar based ones.

I'd also like to say thanks for sticking up for me at the London signing session when the security tried to take my bass away without Duff signing it - you and Duff rocked and I hope you liked my bands DVD.  Check out our website by clicking on the link:

www.redtopmatches.com

Cheers man, keep inspiring us all.  And thank god for VR

Martin

Offline VR-SuckerTrainBlues

• Pea Gun Newbie
    • http://www.ps2smackdown.net
Hey Slash!

Just a couple of questions.

On the Use Your Illusion 2 DVD you said GN'R were basically a glorified garage band, do you still believe this to be true?

Do you find it wierd gigging with a singer like Scott after being used to Axl?

P.S. You're a fcuking legend dude, you own!

Offline camsu

• Straight Shooter
Slash, can't thank you enough.
You're fucking amazing dude!!
Hope you find time to read all these messages for you, we would really appreciate it!!

And get your fuckin' band back to Finland!!!!  :lol:

With lots of lots of love, Camilla

Offline goldtop

• Pea Gun Newbie
hey slash your the man. Ever going to come down to the south west of england to do a gig. I know there aren't huge venues down here but you guys are so big down here in exeter.

Offline blackbird

• Pea Gun Newbie
Hey Slash what more can I say, you're definitely one of the last guitar heros out there and I'm glad I got to see you in Paris in September  8)

I could find a million guitar-related questions I'd love to ask you, but I'll just say I bought a Goldtop reissue Les Paul this summer thanks to you and I love it  :D  :D

Hope to see you (again!) in Paris someday  :wave:

Offline Duff_Smiled_At_Me

• Straight Shooter
hi Slash

just a couple of things:

i really think you're one of the greatest guitarists of all time, and youve definetly had a big influence, good or bad depending on the source. (me think good :D )

secondly, can you adopt me? i just think that would be really kool...

Offline DuffMcKaganRocks

• Straight Shooter
Slash, I seriously think you are one of the best guitarists I have ever heard. You and Jimmy Page.... well it can't get any better. Rock on!

Offline KOL

• Gunslinger
  • What a waster,what a fuckin waster!
You are THE best guitarist i have ever heard .Not just technically but you really can feel emotion in his music :slash:

Offline LatinShorty

• Gunslinger
  • CAcA!
A solo album would kick ass, I'd buy that in a quickie.
But all I have to say is...SLash u kick ass! The way you play is just so amazing that there's no words to express the feeling. You seem like a wonderful man and thank you and V.R. for being so good to your fans. As kool as your are you still remain humble and that is a great quality to have. You're just an amazing person and I wish you the best of anything. Y'all kickass and u rock!!! Love and kisses to the best guitar player in my book and to all his fans :D

Offline i_found_nemo

• Target Practice
Hello.  :D

I think you're one of the most talented people to ever walk the planet. You sound like a really cool person. And I love 'Contrband' You did an awesome job with the guitar.. as always! :headbanger:  And I like the top hat and the leather pants you wear.  You look awesome.  Keep up the good work, Slash! You rock! Don't ever change!

Offline DuffMcKaganRocks

• Straight Shooter
:slash: hehehe that is such a cool pic lol.

Again, Slash you rock!  :D

Offline Do it for the kids

• Target Practice
  • Show Stoppa
Slash if ya ever drop in to read these little things that people post...
I'd like to thank you so much for all of the great years of music. You've had two lives and I can't wait to come  to a concert next time you guys go on tour. Thanks Slash for all that you have done. :slash: