Author Topic: Alice Cooper  (Read 31965 times)

Offline bijan

• Sniper Assassin
  • Thrashin's My Business And Business Is Good!
Did he play Cold Ethel or does he not play any of that stuff anymore?

It's Hot Tonight
Under My Wheels
Be My Lover
I'm Eighteen
Is It My Body
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Woman of Mass Distraction
Feed My Frankenstein
Lost In America
Dirty Diamonds
Cold Ethyl
(In Touch With) Your Feminine Side
Wrapped In Silk
Vengeance Is Mine
Catch Me If You Can
Keri Kelli Acoustic Solo
Dead Babies
Ballad Of Dwight Fry
Halo of Flies
Welcome To My Nightmare
Only Women Bleed
Steven
I Love The Dead/Execution/Jam
School's Out
Poison
Billion Dollar Babies
Elected
Drum solo/Bass jam (up in there somewhere)

hm.

:drooling: DAMN! I would kill to hear that live. Suppose there might be a next time  :(

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
  • Official Stamper Out of Idiots
There will be. Alice has always said his goal is to outlast the Rolling Stones and claimed Mick Jagger has a 6 year head start, so whenever they finish he's got 6 years past that to keep going.

I was a tad disappoin ted with it. Well, "disappointed" isn't the greatest word for it, but I have a live version from the '70s and the fills and leads from Buxton were smoldering. You can't expect anyone to be the same, but the lack of those leads was a bit...enh. Still rockin' though.

Offline bijan

• Sniper Assassin
There will be. Alice has always said his goal is to outlast the Rolling Stones and claimed Mick Jagger has a 6 year head start, so whenever they finish he's got 6 years past that to keep going.

I was a tad disappoin ted with it. Well, "disappointed" isn't the greatest word for it, but I have a live version from the '70s and the fills and leads from Buxton were smoldering. You can't expect anyone to be the same, but the lack of those leads was a bit...enh. Still rockin' though.

Only disapointment i really had was the solo for Poison wasnt played...  :?

So next time i see him live i think my mum wants to come with me. Im all up for that but she wants to do seated  :( Ahh well she will be paying  :P

Ill have my fingers crossed for Cold Ethel next time  :)

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I was stoked when they played Poison; it was one of the glossier AC songs I attached myself to at a younger age. I was saying to someone the other day that of the many concerts I've seen, Alice's set probably came closest to being my dream list.

If I could change it any way I wanted, I'd more or less leave it as is, strip out Woman of Mass Distraction and add in Desperado and Caught In A Dream; two Cooper classics I loooove.

Offline aerosmith513

• Sniper Assassin
  • Not changing this till Guns N' Roses go on tour
We told my mom what he did, getting hung, killing the baby and hitting the woman. She was pissed :lol:.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
We told my mom what he did, getting hung, killing the baby and hitting the woman. She was pissed :lol:.

really.

my mom asked if she could go next time.

Offline bijan

• Sniper Assassin

:?

my mom asked if she could go next time.

Same.

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator

No More Mr. Nice Guy World Tour 2012

June

09 Manchester, TN (USA) - Bonnaroo Music Festival

13 Kettering, OH (USA) - Fraze Pavilion

17 Burlington, IA (USA) - Burlington Steamboat Days

21 Charlotte, NC (USA) - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre - w/ Iron Maiden *

23 Atlanta, GA (USA) - Aarons Amphitheatre - w/ Iron Maiden *

26 Mansfield, MA (USA) - Comcast Center - w/ Iron Maiden *

27 Wantagh, NY (USA) - Jone Beach - w/ Iron Maiden *

29 Camden, NJ (USA) - Susquehanna Bank Center - w/ Iron Maiden *

30 Bristow, VA (USA) - Jiffy Lube Live - w/ Iron Maiden *

July

02 Newark, NJ (USA) - Prudential Center - w/ Iron Maiden *

04 Milwaukee, WI (USA) - Summer Fest Marcus Amphitheater

05 Tinley Park, IL (USA) - First Midwest Bank Amphitheater - w/ Iron Maiden *

08 Quebec City, Canada - Colisee Pepsi Arena - w/ Iron Maiden *

11 Montreal, Canada - Bell Centre - w/ Iron Maiden *

13 Toronto, Canada - Molson Amphitheatre - w/ Iron Maiden *

14 Sarnia, Canada - Bayfest - w/ Iron Maiden *

16 Darien Lake, NY (USA) - Darien Lake PAC - w/ Iron Maiden *

18 Clarkston, MI (USA) - DTE Energy Music Center - w/ Iron Maiden *

19 Noblesville, IN (USA) - Klipsch Music Centre - w/ Iron Maiden *

21 Cadott, WI (USA) - Rock Fest

27 Tienen, Belgium - Suikerock

28 Seebronn, Germany - Rock Of Ages Festival

30 Milan, Italy - Civic Arena

August

02 Carcassonne, France - Fesitval des 2 Cities

03 Avenches, Switzerland - Rock Oz Arennes Festival

05 Bad Doberan, Germany - Zappanale

07 Langesund, Norway - Wrightegaarden

08 Gothenburg, Sweden - Liseberg Amusement Park

10 Rejmyre, Sweden - Skogsrojet

12 Walton-On-Trent, England - Bloodstock Open Air Festival

* Iron Maiden tickets go on sale 2nd & 3rd March 2012

Another strange pairing - AC & Iron Maiden

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Already got mine planned. Try and NOT bring Alice near me...Iron Maiden put on a great show too. Different music and styles, but both put on a wicked show. Can't fuckin' wait! Outdoors too!!

Offline vfly79

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dave's Bitchy Fan
This will be Piper's second time seeing Alice!! I am not sure if I want to go the Hood to see them. :-\ I am not a huge Maiden Fan. If it were Judas Fuckin' Priest, that would be a different story. :lol: I took Piper to the Cobb Energy Center to see him and it was awesome! We sat down near Orchestra level.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
Got my tickets!

AC and Maiden outdoors at Sarnia Bayfest.

Anyone that has access to Sarnia, (this is literally RIGHT on the border) should go. It's one of the best run outdoor concert festivals in this part of the continent.

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator

My newest bobble head addition

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/classic-alice-cooper-concert-film-to-be-released-for-the-first-time-on-dvd/

Classic Alice Cooper Concert Film To Be Released For The First Time On DVD

Shout! Factory continues their history of unearthing some of pop culture’s strangest buried treasures with the newly announced DVD debut of ‘The Strange Case of Alice Cooper,’ scheduled for a May 22 release.

Previously released on VHS (remember those?), ‘The Strange Case of Alice Cooper’ has been unavailable and unseen for more than 30 years.  The release captures a unique period of Alice Cooper history, specifically, the 1979 ‘Madhouse Rock’ tour which found Alice taking stock of his personal issues with the ‘From The Inside’ album.

‘From The Inside’ has become a cult fan favorite in the Alice Cooper catalog and the San Diego, Calif. show that was lensed for this film draws from Cooper’s experiences during a New York sanitarium stay.

The legendary Vincent Price welcomes the crowd to an evening of devilish doctors and transvestite nurses who cross paths with dancing bottles of alcohol (usually you have to drink a lot before that starts happening) as Alice performs songs from ‘Inside’ in addition to many of his familiar hits.

As a bonus, Cooper himself provides an audio commentary track for the proceedings, offering further insight into the history behind one of the more twisted releases ever to emerge from the original king of shock rock.

Cooper revisited his famous ‘Welcome To My Nightmare’ period last year with a sequel. This year, he’ll join The Beach Boys, Red Hot Chili Peppers and fellow creepy crawly rocker Danzig on the list of artists performing at Bonnaroo. We’re guessing he’ll have the only boa constrictor on the guest list.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=sUH5011_4qQ

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/alice-cooper-commencement-speech/

Alice Cooper Delivers One-of-a-Kind Commencement Speech

Most graduation ceremonies feature some boring person droning on as everyone checks their watches and wonders when they can leave. But what if your commencement speaker was Alice Cooper?

On Saturday, 600 grads from the Musicians Institute in Los Angeles were treated to witty oratory from the shock-rocker, who also received an honorary doctorate from the school.

Since it’s his second such award, he quipped, “One more of these and I can write prescriptions.”

And what kind of wisdom did he impart on the musicians?

After more than 40 years in the business, had a lot of insights to share, starting with, “First of all, the fact that I am here as your keynote speaker raises a lot of red flags. It show’s an obvious lack of judgment on your part.”

He also told the graduates that mediocrity is their greatest enemy, so if they’re going to be in the industry, be fearless.

“If you succeed, you become a genius,” he said. “If you fail, you become an idiot. You can always start again.”

Cooper also dropped a few very famous names, including this anecdote about the King of Rock and Roll himself:
 “

Elvis said to me, ‘Hey, man, yer that cat with the makeup and the snakes. That’s cool, man. I dig that’ … So there I was with a loaded snub nose Smith and Wesson 38 aimed at Elvis Presley. The little devil on my shoulder said, ‘Kill him.’ The angel the other shoulder said, ‘No, just wound him …’

We bet that’s a speech during which no one ever checked the time.

When he isn’t warping young minds, Cooper is prepping for the May 22 release of his concert DVD, ‘The Strange Case of Alice Cooper,’ and in June, he’ll perform at the Bonnaroo Music Festival.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
I watched Alice Cooper guest hosting Never Mind the Buzzcocks. He's just awesome. "Now the most exciting thing that happens to me is a birdie on a par 4 and once in a while, an erection. And I'm getting one now."

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Guitarist RYAN ROXIE Rejoins ALICE COOPER

http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=171642&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Guitarist Ryan Roxie has rejoined Alice Cooper's band for the legendary rocker's upcoming tour.

"I can't even begin to express how excited I am to have the opportunity to be a part of this year's touring lineup," Ryan said. "To be able to contribute musically with Alice and the band, perform for all you faithful Cooper fans, and have the chance to play guitar on stage next to one of rock music's coolest icons… Well, let's just say I definitely plan to 'enjoy the ride'… and yes, just like all good sports-related interview-ending quotes, I also plan on 'taking it one show at a time' and giving it '110%."

He added, "I might seem calm and low key on the outside, but inside I'm about as excited and honored to do this as I've ever been in my career...

"Let's jump on that tour bus so we can come out and play for you all [as soon as possible]... Looking forward to seeing all your familiar faces and meeting new ones as well."

Roxie was previously a member of Alice Cooper's band from 1996 to 2006. More recently, he was involved with the groups CASABLANCA and ROXIE 77.

Guitar legend Steve Hunter announced his decision to leave Cooper's band last month.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin
YES!! FUCK YEAH!!

Roxie is one of my all time favourites. I remember seeing him about 10 or so years ago on the Brutally Live dvd, right around when I started learning to play the guitar and being totally enthralled with him and his style.

Never got the chance to see him, as he was out of the band before I saw Alice for the first time. SWEET!

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/alice-cooper-gets-robbed/

Alice Cooper Gets Robbed

Alice Cooper’s storage facility, which is full of archival items that are essentially priceless, was broken into early this week, by someone apparently unafraid of making enemies with a man who owns snakes and guillotines.

It appears to have been a random attack, as three other units in the facility were also broken into and robbed. It appears as though the thieves hit the jackpot by victimizing Cooper’s shed. Some items whose value cannot be measured were lifted from Cooper’s unit, namely vinyl records, a jacket and perhaps most importantly, the original sculpture used on his 1991 ‘Hey Stoopid’ album cover.

A report on the matter has been filed with cops, while Cooper and his team are proactively seeking help in locating the missing cargo. They are asking fans to keep an eye out and if anyone see or hears anything suspicious regarding the lifted items, especially online, please send an email to archives@alicecooper.com. So if you see something, say something and fast.

Offline Captain Tophat

• Sniper Assassin

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/alice-cooper-plans-a-bloody-bonnaroo/

Alice Cooper Plans A Bloody Bonnaroo

Never one to mince words, Alice Cooper has a strict policy when it comes to a performance. “When we get up onstage,” he says, “my band has the instruction: kill the audience.” In other words, some nu-hippies are gonna get some blood on them during his Bonnaroo Festival performance next month.

Alice told Rolling Stone, “We’re old school, we’re going to go up there and just be Alice.” While the average Bonnaroo concert goer most likely was too young to have grown up with Alice and his ways of doing business, he has no plans to alter anything to win them over. “I don’t go up there with the attitude of, ‘Gosh, I hope you like me tonight.’ I go up there to grab them by the throat and shake ‘em. And when they get done, hopefully they’re going to go, ‘What was that?’”

Though Cooper is now age 64, he is as committed as ever to putting on a big rock show. “I’m not one of those guys that sits around in their rocking chair going, ‘Well, in my day …,’ and, ‘They just don’t write them like that anymore,’” said Cooper. “But I’m starting to get a little discouraged.”

He continues, “I champion all the new bands,I just hope that this generation gets a big shot of testosterone, because a lot of the bands just don’t seem like they want to be rock stars. I listen to these bands and I look at them and, they’re kind of, like, very timid. I’m looking for… garage bands, bands with some energy that I want to see.”

So despite Bonnaroo being more the spiritual home of, say, Dave Matthews than the Stooges, for instance, Alice isn’t letting that get him down. “I always like to put Alice where he doesn’t belong, the guillotine, the whole thing. And my band is probably the best band I’ve ever had. So it’s going to be the highest-energy thing to see all night.”

He leaves Bonnaroo with a warning, “If you’re in the first 20 rows, you’ll probably get some blood on you.”