Author Topic: Basketball (NBA, NCAA, and everything else)  (Read 10602 times)

Offline StaticSeth

• Sniper Assassin
    • My blog: Wow, you're tall.
what, no basketball thread yet? there definitely needs to be one, and i'm a huge fan of the sport.

who here plays? what are your favorite teams? anyone go to games? let's chat...

Offline StaticSeth

• Sniper Assassin
went to the Celtics vs. Pistons game last night (Nov. 4th). WHAT A GAME.

neither team led by more than 6 points throughout the entire game, and the Celtics went ahead by 1 with 0.8 seconds left.

but then the pistons (damn them!) scored at the buzzer, and the Celtics celebration was over. what a tough way to lose *sigh*

check out all of my pictures here:
http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/sethrich/Photos/Celtics%20vs%20Pistons%20Nov%204/

Offline Slim

• Straight Shooter
Love basketball... hate the NBA.

Offline MoonChild77

• Pea Gun Newbie
    • MySpace
College: Syracuse University

NBA: Denver and Memphis

Offline StaticSeth

• Sniper Assassin
went to another celtics game last night.

saw the houston rockets take on the celtics. yao ming is one tall chinaman, that's for sure. he was pretty much automatic anywhere close to the basket, but the celtics prevailed. hopefully they can win again when i hit up another game this week on friday!

check out pictures here.

Offline StaticSeth

• Sniper Assassin
what better to do on a friday night than go to a celtics game, which is where i was. this was my third game of the season, and the team has played nine thus far, heh. unfortunately i don't have any games lined up 'til one in january, so i might go crazy between now and then since i'm the biggest fan around this forum.

a shot of the garden after the game...

the rest of my pictures can be seen here.

Offline Velvet Revolution

• Sniper Assassin
I play University Basketball, and I've played ball since I was probably 5 or so =) Both my sister and my dad played university as well, and my dad has officiated up to the NBA level, so it sorta runs in the family.

I love the Suns, and looooove Detroit =) Those are my top two teams.

I hate the Spurs.....booo....haha...Larry Bird is my favourite player of all time!

Offline pensive

• Sniper Assassin
  • Owner of the Slither Pants
Yaye someone started a basketball thread!

I just wanted to say that I am proud of my UAB Blazers, finally making it to #24 in the AP poll! wooooo

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin
  • Step Outside But Not To Brawl
im not a huuuuge fan, but i prefer it to alot of stuff. my dad loves it, went to see the Lakers play, another time went to see the Birmingham Bullets when i was about 6. i cant still remember it a bit

Offline Slash666

• Sniper Assassin
  • Got A Speech Inpediment?...Call D-D-D-D-Dave!
    • Gypsy Beaver - Official Site!
I sometimes go and see the Newcastle Eagles in England, were top of the English league now. Fabulous Flourney (our player/coach) has been called up for the commonwealth games for UK (even though he is american by birth)

Offline pensive

• Sniper Assassin
Just when I was about to throw a party about us making it to the NCAA tourney.... we are playing Kentucky which is no problem. We are undefeated against them and they were #1 seed last time. This time they are #8 and we are #9 so it seems like it will be in the bag. BUTTTTTT then we will have to play UConn! *despair*

Stranger things have happened, if we beat them you would hear about the lunatic redhead that is screaming out in the streets for days ahahah!!

GO BLAZERS

Offline sweet616

• Target Practice
a duno if its an english thing or if am just thick but wots the NCAA and how does it work lol

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
  • While my guitar gently weeps...
The NCAA is college basketball in the United States. The schools are separated into conferences, and at the end of the season an outright winner and a tournament winner from each conference are given an automatic bid into a tournament which decides a national champion. Other teams are selected by a commitee based off of their performance over the season. 65 teams are selected in all, and they are now in the Final 4.

At least Kentucky beat UAB...hehe.

Offline pensive

• Sniper Assassin
YeaH but they are 1/3 with us. Go Blazerssss ;)

Offline seetal

• Sniper Assassin
  • Step Outside But Not To Brawl
a duno if its an english thing or if am just thick but wots the NCAA and how does it work lol

hey lol, im english too. dont think we have the NCAA but NBA plays on the sprts channels lol. basketball stuff y'no

Offline BShea

• Sniper Assassin
  • Flies in the Vasoline We Are
    • UltimateRockGods.com
ughhh my terps are going to be terrible next year!  even worse then before! Ibekwe and Strawberry going pro and Gist transferring.... dammit!

Offline basketballkid269

• Straight Shooter
  • I'M AMAZING!! lol
its my fav. sport!... i play pick up games and for college i like Syracuse for NBA I like Memphis grizzles
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 07:46:51 AM by basketballkid269 »

Offline BShea

• Sniper Assassin
    • UltimateRockGods.com
Dallas is doing well in the Playoffs!

Offline chubbs21

• Pea Gun Newbie
Hopefully the Cavs are going to win at Detroit tonight. They blew their shot last night, so maybe they can win this and square off against the Heat in the next round of the playoffs.

Offline BShea

• Sniper Assassin
    • UltimateRockGods.com
The Mavs-Suns game 1 was CLOSE

Offline jack_lives_here

• Sniper Assassin
  • I got some genuine imitation bad apples...
here is a late addition to this. well done to the miami heat. always wanted alonzo to win a championship.

and since i'm an aussie, go the Melbourne Tigers, gunning for back-to-back this season.

Offline Melody

• Sniper Assassin
  • EStonian...
Well I love playing basketball,
In NBA most i like Timberwolves & Mavericks but fav player is A.Iverson
In Europe league i like Tartu Rock :lol:

Offline StaticSeth

• Sniper Assassin
well, florida took the championship for the second time in as many years. at least i correctly predicted ohio state in the final game...

Offline Boomy

• Staff
  • Why'd ya have to go and let it die?
I'm really starting to like the NBA again. Never really left it, but I watched it less and less as the years went by.

There was a period in the early 2000's where the NBA drafts were just so horrible and you knew a lot of the guys weren't going to last.

The last two-three drafts have had some awesome players, though.

I am a Miami Heat fan, btw.