Author Topic: Questions/Comments for Duff ~  (Read 79392 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
I'm starting a thread just for questions and comments for Duff so it might be easier to find then individual topics.

Offline Solstice

• Pea Gun Newbie
    • http://solsticesays.com
sweetness! ok, about the only thing I have to ask Duff is, how the hell he comes up with his crazy fills?!?!?!?! I work my fingers to the damn bone, and sure, some bassists would say "ha, that's easy", but really, it isnt that easy to play Duff's fills. maybe it's just because I am rather new to the bass, but I have handled many GNR & VR songs just fine. Maybe it's because he also plays guitar? I just don't know. But MAN, those fills are wicked, and kick my ass!

Also, what pedals do you use? I am pretty sure that there is a chorus in there, but what else???

Thanks man, love ya!
:headbanger:

Offline jarmo

• Sniper Assassin
  • Don't you fucking know what you are?
    • Here Today... Gone To Hell!
Since I'm a huge fan of Mark Lanegan, I've always wondered what happened to the stuff you did with him.

Seems like only a few tracks have been released, but there were news reports back in 1998-1999 about a bunch of songs being written.

"Fix" and "Untitled Lullaby" have been released. Is there more material that remains unreleased?  :?

Do you think the record company will release "Beautiful Disease" now that they could market it as "featuring members of #1 rock band Velvet Revolver"?

/jarmo

Offline superbrandon

• Sniper Assassin
  • i hope they serve beer in hell
    • http://www.mygnr.com
well my question would have to be when are u coming to west canada?  You guys rock but u gotta come on over.

Offline GoDuffGo

• Sniper Assassin
    • Dirty Vendetta music? click here!
Quote from: Solstice
sweetness! ok, about the only thing I have to ask Duff is, how the hell he comes up with his crazy fills?!?!?!?! I work my fingers to the damn bone, and sure, some bassists would say "ha, that's easy", but really, it isnt that easy to play Duff's fills. maybe it's just because I am rather new to the bass, but I have handled many GNR & VR songs just fine. Maybe it's because he also plays guitar? I just don't know. But MAN, those fills are wicked, and kick my ass! Thanks man, love ya!   :headbanger:

get a guy who has slash as his idol and a gibson les paul, n shit... the works!!!! (then your self as a duff idol if your not alreddy!!) and jam n jam n jam n jam i did tht and the fills came in like u no move to the city that just came natual :lol:  one day i could play  all the fillers still dunno them all tho  :(  i play everyday 4 a gd 5-6 hours no joke im icolated were i am i have nuthing to do apart from tht which i love!

Offline chevyberettagt

• Pea Gun Newbie
A couple quick ones:

I really enjoyed Neurotic Outsiders, especially your (Duff) songs as well as John Taylor's. Are you still friends with John and Steve and is there the slightest chance you guys will ever do a one off show again ? I have a promo of your unreleased album Beautiful Disease, this is a damn good record, one of my favorites along with Loaded Dark Days, Do you think Beautiful Disease will ever get released ? Anyways Duff you rock , It is great to see VR doing so well, real fucking rock & roll, Hope to catch you guys on tour again real soon. Thanks

Offline Cicatriz

• Pea Gun Newbie
Duff what was your first bass? First band?

And Duff, what would you say to a beginning-intermediate bassists?

Offline SidwasNotVicious

• Pea Gun Newbie
    • http://www.xanga.com/sinceidonthaveyou
The question I wanted to ask Duff is what you think about the band The Donnas? I heard they are huge fans of Gn'R and VR...would you ever tour with them?

Offline Erika

• Target Practice
I wonder if he'll read these...

Anyway, Duff, the next time you come to Finland, come visit me... I want to spar with you!
 :P

Offline WomanoftheWorld

• Slash Momma
  • Sniper Assassin
  • Slashaholics "untie!"
    • All Things Considered...Slash!
I'd like to ask him about his workout routine. Come on Duff, give up your secrets to getting that great body so I can get my husband started!  :yes:

Offline whateva

• Straight Shooter
^ probably u need Benny Urquidez, his personal trainer  : P

« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 06:27:44 PM by whateva »

Offline isabelle_guns

• Sniper Assassin
  • Trying to live one beat at a time
    • http://www.lollypopshoved.com/LOLLYPOPSITE/duff.htm
Good idea. I have a question I've been wanting to ask Duff for ages.

Why bass and not guitar? Who are your musical influences (other bass players).

Duff if you happen to read this....please please come to Vancouver, we have a great venue called the Commodore Ballroom and we're a riot free city (just kidding on that one) :P

Offline Solstice

• Pea Gun Newbie
    • http://solsticesays.com
Quote from: isabelle_guns
Good idea. I have a question I've been wanting to ask Duff for ages.

Why bass and not guitar? Who are your musical influences (other bass players).

Duff if you happen to read this....please please come to Vancouver, we have a great venue called the Commodore Ballroom and we're a riot free city (just kidding on that one) :P

Just an FYI (and I hope you already know this), but Duff DOES play guitar, and drums. He took up bass when he moved to Cali cause there was a huge need for them at that time. Well, there is a huge need for them now too! :D

Offline jade

• Target Practice
when will you guys come to Asia, esp. Korea???

please, please, please let me know.   :mrgreen:

Offline Elina

• Pea Gun Newbie
This question is for anyone who reads it  :D

Is there a slightest chance to find guitar tabs of Believe In Me songs (like I Love You) anywhere on the Internet? If not, is there a slightest chance to get them anywhere?
Thanks!

+Elina+

Offline isabelle_guns

• Sniper Assassin
  • Trying to live one beat at a time
    • http://www.lollypopshoved.com/LOLLYPOPSITE/duff.htm
thank you Solstice for that information :)

Offline Isi

• Pea Gun Newbie
Quote from: Elina

Is there a slightest chance to find guitar tabs of Believe In Me songs (like I Love You) anywhere on the Internet? If not, is there a slightest chance to get them anywhere?
Thanks!

+Elina+

Hi I have found this link...http://www.soundhaus.de/katalog/books_liste.asp?U=20&idx=45&ds=15&Sort=Hersteller&SortType=&Param=&Comp=&Data=
 :roll:  :lol:   perhaps it helps you...

Isi

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Duff - I'd like to ask when you golf with Gilby who wins?

Offline Elina

• Pea Gun Newbie
Quote from: Isi
Quote from: Elina

Thanks!

+Elina+

Hi I have found this link...http://www.soundhaus.de/katalog/books_liste.asp?U=20&idx=45&ds=15&Sort=Hersteller&SortType=&Param=&Comp=&Data=
 :roll:  :lol:   perhaps it helps you...

Isi

Thanks, Isi! Do you know how you pay the products at Soundhaus?

+Elina+

Offline westcoast_junkie

• Pea Gun Newbie
First of all will I say that Velvet Revolver is the best liveband I've ever seen. I didn't get tickets to the show in Oslo, so I headed for Stockholm, and Annexet to se VR.
Well, all I can say is that neither Iron Maiden or Marilyn Manson (that's the only other big artists I have ever seen) couldt reach VR to the knee. What an amazing live act the Velvet Revolver guys did.
So I just wonder if Velvet Revolver will come back to Scandinavia soon? And espessially Norway. That would be great...

Offline Flá

• Pea Gun Newbie
HEY DUFF...IN THE VIDEO "FALL TO PIECES", YOU HELP SCOTT..I WANNA KNOW IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN IN THIS SITUATION? COULD YOU RELATE THAT FOR US?

Offline VelveT FaN

• Pea Gun Newbie
Duff I know you may be busy but I have spent awhile pondering how Axl thinks about VR, but since I cant talk to Axl via the forum, I will ask you how you feel about Axl and the new Guns n Roses? I was wondering if you guys are on speaking terms, do you talk to him regulary if so? I was also wondering how you feel about his effort to bring back old rock with the new GnR.

Take your time, thanks!

Offline ziptang

• Pea Gun Newbie
the only question i can think of is,

what song that you have composed/written/recorded would you like to tackle again. maybe do over, re-dub, change a chord or lyric.

just a "reflection in hindsight" question.

Offline KPO

• Unloaded
First of all, im a big Velvet Revolver fan.  I got tickets to the show in Alabama and i can't wait for it.  The only thing ive been wondering is how do you decide what cover songs you do because it seems that you switch cover songs frequently. And also, why don't yall do Rocket Queen because it seems like with Scott's powerful voice, yall could pull an awesome version of that song.

Offline darthaero85

• Pea Gun Newbie
Here's my one question:

Duff, can you sign the guestbook of our website?  We're a non-profit independent film group of the Chicago Suburbs, and we need some guestbook signatures on our guestbook to make ourselves look more distinguished.  Many people came to our first screening, and although we advertised our website, only a few people out of 75 or so actually took us seriously.  If we got a signature from a celebrity, it would look really great as far as advertising to more people.  We could say "Hey, Duff thinks we're cool!" and stuff like that.  

The website is www.freewebs.com/filmclass and just sign the guestbook by clicking on it in the left-side panel.  Just leave the email part blank.  PLEEEEEEEEEEEZE check us out!  We're cool!  We like you guys so much, we even put the song Spectacle in one of the films.  I just wish we could afford enough bandwith to post the movies online.

YOU ROCK!!! SEE YOU ON 11/21!