Author Topic: Questions/Comments for Duff ~  (Read 78864 times)

gaia13fr

Quote from: FlŠ
HEY DUFF...IN THE VIDEO "FALL TO PIECES", YOU HELP SCOTT..I WANNA KNOW IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN IN THIS SITUATION? COULD YOU RELATE THAT FOR US?

No, Duff never did drugs, ever :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:shock: Unless you mean, did he help Scott for real? Yes he did, he said that like in a thousand interviews...

If you meant, was Duff ever in that situation where he needed to be saved...well... Haven't you heard his pancreas exploded? Read the story... everywhere really...  :?

Refer to Rik's site for VR interviews if you want details if you want your answer sooner than later :wink:

gaia13fr

Question 1): Duff, I miss your sound. Could you play a little less in the pocket, pretty please with cherry on top? Now that you are so sharp musically, why be so deep in the pocket? And "I don't want to get in the way of Scott's vocals" doesn't cut it, man... Get in they way! At least live...  Dazzle us again!

--I'm selfish that way...

Question 2): Beside turning you into Lanky Papa Smurf, what does the Providence tattoo means?

Question 3): who's this person with you on this photo:

Thanks  :D

Offline Martin

• Sniper Assassin
Hey Duff,

Just wanted to know if you liked the DVD of my band 'Red Top Matches' that you took at the London Hammersmith show in September?

Thanks for signing the bass - it's in prime position in my living room and I hope I can get Slash and Dave to sign it so that it has the whole band on there!

See you in back in Hammersmith on Jan 22nd.

You fuckin rock man!

Martin
www.redtopmatches.com  - check the gallery section!

Offline Bassmaster1984

• Pea Gun Newbie
Duff, you look like you are in great shape. What type of work outs do you do?

gaia13fr

Quote from: Bassmaster1984
Duff, you look like you are in great shape. What type of work outs do you do?

Once again, just in case he doesn't answer quite right away and you're very eager to know... Dude, welcome to discovering VR and Duff in particular. As you will find out in all the VR interviews Duff did all over the world for the past two years, he does kickboxing now. If you want more details on his routine, he gives full details in the magazine GQ of October... It's a fashion magazine for gentlemen... Maybe if you google it you can find it online? :wink:

Offline FlŠ

• Pea Gun Newbie
DUFF,
WHEN WILL VELVET REVOLVER COME TO PLAY IN BRAZIL??

Offline ConsequentialAngel

• Sniper Assassin
  • turn up the level!
    • my myspaz profile
Hi Duff! I hope you are well. Firstly, itís great to have you taking an interest in the forum and your loyal fans.  Itís also nice to have things come from the horses mouth and not itís arse (as someone else on here said!).
Iíd just like to say that I agree with you totally about the bands of today (regarding the Nickleback thing I read). Unfortunately, there are no bands out there today who put a show on like all the legends any more. Furthermore, Iíve long stopped listening to the radio because all they churn out is crap after runny crap. Itís all the same, meaningless and unexciting. Thereís one exception however. This fucking amazing band that goes by the name of ĎVelvet Revolverí.  :wink:  Contraband is the only new release I have purchased sinceÖ I canít even remember! I canít get enough of this masterpiece. You guys are one truly talented bunch! At that, Iíd like to thank you for bringing Rock ní Roll back to life.
Canít wait until I see you again on January 22nd!! You guys kicked some serious butt and were totally awesome in September. Iím sure Jimi Page and Brian May were impressed by everyoneís performance! Iím literally counting down the days. 78 to go!
Also, how do you deal with life on the road away from your home, wife and kids for so long?
You are my favourite bassist of all time, closely followed by Geezer Butler. Youíre a true legend.
Keep up the good rock dude!
Hayley x
P.S My picture is signed by your fine self and the wondrous Slash! My sister won it on my behalf. Thanks!

Offline ShibyTheVines

• Pea Gun Newbie
hey duff, i just wanted to know (being a bass player myself), what sort of chorus pedal u used back in the early days...... ive been tryin heaps to get the sound u have, and i figure this would probably help me nail it. i got a fender jazz aerodyne so yer....

oh yer, come to australia, please? how come u arnt coming to bdo? i heard you were in negociations (mind spelling), but then it was decided u wernt coming?

-chris

Offline Duff90

• Pea Gun Newbie
Hey Duff......VR are coming in Italy to Bologna thi year.
For the 2005 are you come with the band for a show in a place near Ancona?????

I will very very very happy to see my favourite band! ^_į

See ya in 2005???????  :P

Offline jsehoule

• Pea Gun Newbie
I am happy to see most of you guys back together. I am 29 now. And been with you guys since I was 15. I saw GNR in concert in Hartford in 93 or 94. Awesome. Duff. Keep on the Bass. You rule on that thing. My step father had a friend that drove Buses for bands. And he drove for GNR when you guys first came out. I was told you came to Greenfield MA at one point. If I had known. I would of tried to stop by. You guys have your shit together. And it is nice to see you have Matt on Drums. Now if you all could only make it to Springfield Civic Center or Amherst MA for a show. Hell, stop by my house if you like. Have a B-B-Q.  I had to write something. To 14 years later and from being a teen to a father of 4, soon to be 5.

Offline zepsun

• Pea Gun Newbie
I'm a broadcasting and film student...Also a big fan of everyone's work in VR, STP, GNR etc...

I'm really interested in doing a piece on VR from a fan's point of view.
I'm wondering if it's possible to do a small interview with the band for my college newspaper...maybe record it for the radio station.  I know you guys are super fuckin busy... but i figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

If u happen to read this, u (or the webmaster) can respond here or at my email: pokee01@cp.centennialcollege.ca

Thanks,

Patrick

Offline Sweet~Slash

• Sniper Assassin
hey duff well i have 2 questions and i would really appreciate it if you could answer it well my first question is when are you guys coming back to los angeles? and my second question is do you have any advice for someone who is just starting to play guitar since you play guitar i just thought i would ask  :D well thanx take care

Offline vr1221

• Pea Gun Newbie
hey duff
i juz got tickets 2 ur concert in dublin, i so cant wait! i woz juz wonderin if there is ne way 4 me n my mate to get backstage n meet u guys? dat would really make my day! I love u guys!!!!!!!!

Offline ShibyTheVines

• Pea Gun Newbie
hey dude, this is probably pointless posting this as it will probably neva get answered, but ive looked far and wide, even tho its quite a simple question i have neva found the answer. I play bass, fender jazz aerodyne actually, and i spend alot of my time learnin gnr bass lines, from back in the day, gotta love those runs you do, n ive been tryin for awile to get as close to ur sound as possible, but i know that you used to also use a chorus pedal, which brings me to my question, what type did u use? ive tried everywhere but i just cant find the answer to it,  id really like to know, as the sound i want to get when i play original bass lines in songs is the sound u used to have. could ya please help out? id seriously appreciate it..

peace dude
-chris

ps: u shuld be coming to bdo, i heard u were in negociations, what happened? actually neva mind ur probably not even allowed to talk about that... just help us out wit the pedal... cheers

Offline Martin

• Sniper Assassin
Have a look at my Aerodyne Jazz Bass at www.redtopmatches.com in the Gallery section under 'RTM meet Velvet Revolver'

Gotta love that!

Offline writerbec

• Gunslinger
Did I miss something here?  Whatever happened to ALL THOSE QUESTIONS we posted months and months ago for the band members to answer?  To my knowledge, someone here was hoping to be granted an interview with them to get those questions answered or...? :?:

Offline suckertrainblues

• Pea Gun Newbie
Hey Duff!     My names Aysha and I live in genva, switzerland. Just wanted to know if you still keep any contact with Iggy Pop? I was wondering 'cause I just recently went to buy the only Iggy Pop CD that I didnt have which was brick by brick and I noticed that you and Slash took a part in that CD. I thought that CD was great and I especialy liked "Home". I started to take an interest in him after I met him once. It was when he did american ceasar and was looking kind of scary with long jet black hair and cuts all over is chest. I was only six so i was terified.
     Well... It would be great if you could do another show in Switzerland again. I know its a really small place but you guys have shit loads of fans here! I drove all the way from Geneva to the other side of switzerland to catch your show in winterthur. But it was worth it. You guys fuckin' rocked!! Well it's really cool of you to answer all our questions.                                      

Thanks and keep on rockin'!!!!!

Offline DuffMcKaganRocks

• Straight Shooter
Duff you are soooo cool, man!  :D .... it was cool to see you singing 'Attitude' on the Use Your Illusion DVDs, that is a cool song. And I seriosuly wanna play bass now lol.  8)  Go Duff!!  8)

Offline johnny squares

• Straight Shooter
C'mon dude, a chorus pedal is a chorus pedal. The sound also has to do with your pickups and your amp.

....Well I guess searching won't do any harm but I'd just find a pedal that I like and buy it

Offline VELVETREVOLVERR

• Target Practice
    • Bars ans Stars Production
Mr Mckagan.......
When are you coming home to do more seattle shows?  I really miss ya!! I really think you should hook up with Geoff and  Jimmy Paulson's new band they are really quite good got a chance to check em out @ Halloween. tell you what..... I'll throw a huge bash and have my 3 fav bands play Point Defiance, Top heavy crush and VR, we could always mix it up a bit and do some shame and loaded songs too let me know..... you have my number. i'll call ya and ask ya about  some free time so we could set this up.
Love ya and miss ya,
shannon

Ps I video taped the show with geoff and jimmy let me know if ya want me to send ya a copy!

Offline pearlpilotinchains

• Pea Gun Newbie
Hey Duff,
I just wanted to thank you for the show night before last in Cincy.  I know that you post here on occasion and I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you.  My friend and I where in the front row right in front of you, Im not sure if you remember but I had really shaggy hair and I was the kid singing every word to every song.  And I was also able to get one of your bass picks after the show.  Seeing you all live was more than a dream come true.  My friend and I drove over 4 hours from KY to come see you all and we hope to see you again soon.
Thanks,
Dave

Here are some pics I took of you front the front row:

Thanks again Duff.  :D

Offline lyns78

• Target Practice
Dear Duff,

Ok, so I don't know if you'll actually read this or not, I mean it's not as if you're actually busy or anything right?!  :wink:

So anyway, first of all, the Birmingham show kicked some major ass!  Truly the best concert I've ever been to...thank you guys so much.  We were directly in front of you (front row of course)...it was the shit!  And pretty much everyone I know has now seen my Duff pick! LOL! Thanks!

Yeah, yeah, I've got a question...keep your shirt on...or not!

Ok, so I was wondering, what made you, one of the best bass players in the history of rock (at least in my humble opinion), decide to go back to school to get your degree?

I ask for two reasons:

1. I'm a woman, we are born more curious than a cat...we can't help being nosy.

2. Being a graduate student in the middle of finding various ways to maim or kill myself to avoid writing my thesis...I was impressed as hell that a rockstar would subjugate himself to such horrors!  And again, I'm nosy, so I wondered why!

Ok, sorry for the long-ass post, if you ever read this (God you must be bored by now).  So answer if you want...or tell me to fuck off it's none of my business...whatever mood strikes you!   :cool:

Have a great tour and I'll see you guys again soon...front row again of course!

Lyndsey

P.S.--DAMN...I do tend to ramble don't I?!

Offline joaompc

• Unloaded
I duff i saw that you usually see this boar so i thought that this would be the better place to thabk you for the gig that i was proud to see in Portugal, Lisbon!! You were fuckin great!!! Keep on rockinnnnn
Thanks
Joao
Portugal

Offline Stone Rose

• Pea Gun Newbie
I was at the PA show last night.  Duff was INCREDIBLE!  I had to amke an effort to look at the other guys.  We had floor seats and I made sure I was just left of center, becuase I knew that's where Duff would be.  When they came out and started STB, Duff was like a God standing in front of me!  I waited for a chance to get a guiter (bass) pic from him, but there was a little kid, probably about 7 yrs. old beside me.  Duff came over and looked the kid, got a big smile, and gave it the kid.  What a big heart!  I guess I can't be too upset, he gave it the kid!

What I was wondering, was what about adding "Attitude" to the set list?

Offline Dutchizzy

• Sniper Assassin
    • red
Hey Duff,

Have you got any info for us about the project(s) that Izzy is working on right now? Cause there hasn't been much news about him (with the exception of the Dolls reunion) since last year when he was suppose to release his album Like A Dog. I read that you still talk to him on the phone alot so... :wink:

Also are you planning to come to Holland again in the near future?