Author Topic: 2005-09-24 - VR on VH1 Top Twenty Countdown  (Read 5649 times)

Offline Sam_So Fine

• Sniper Assassin
  • The Smart Twin!
I don't know if I put this in the right place but I was watching Top Twenty Countdown on VH1 on Sat. and after Gwen Stefani's "cool" video Duff and Matt were at the opening of the HardRock Cafe' in NYC and they were talking to the host and they were talking about Matt and his hand, and about how NYC was a second home to them and the that police knew them quite well.

Also after the #2 video Mike Piazza (Baseball star) said that he came to see VR and that he was a big GNR and STP fan and he said it was cool to see both worlds.

and then they showed VR opening the show but they didn't show the whole thing, just 10 sec.
Before she said VR is about to come on you could see big letters saying VELVET REVOLVER on the back wall on the stage. So I thought I'd share that with you guys. Sorry if it was already mentioned.
 :D
~Sam

Offline duffdiver

• Sniper Assassin
  • JEES-IT! Pulling out the arsenal! GO DO! SAC'TO!
Transcript of the interview is here....

http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=16211.225

Almost at the bottom of the page.....followed by a lot of [justified]  Rachel Perry bashing! ;)

Offline mikegiuliana

• Gunslinger
pretty cool// Mike piazza is a big rock/metal fan.. I wish I would have caught it, it would have been cool..

Offline Peebs

• Sniper Assassin
  • 5/17/08 Columbus OH!
Yea. He and Eddie Trunk are really close friends. Piazza also dabbles in the drums and has played guest spots with a couple of bands. Back in '99 I was at a game at the end of the season and Piazza got Zack Wylde to play the National Anthem on the guitar.

Offline Bella

• Sniper Assassin
  • ~ sluff ~
Mike Piazza got in trouble a few years ago for going to KRock with this advanced CD someone gave him, early stages of Chinese Democracy.  He's such a huge fan they send him stuff like that!

Offline Jessica03

• Gunslinger
    • MySpace
I saw it! I was so happy when I saw Duff (and Matt  :wink: ) on my screen. And that was cool how Mike Piaza said he was a big fan. How could anyone not be, right?  :P

Offline jmapelian

• Sniper Assassin
Mike Piazza got in trouble a few years ago for going to KRock with this advanced CD someone gave him, early stages of Chinese Democracy.  He's such a huge fan they send him stuff like that!

I wanted to trade Piazza my GnR Ticket stubb from the show that cancelled their aborted tour in 2002 for a copy of that but couldn't work out the details

Offline Bella

• Sniper Assassin
  • ~ sluff ~

I wanted to trade Piazza my GnR Ticket stubb from the show that cancelled their aborted tour in 2002 for a copy of that but couldn't work out the details
Piazza wanted a collectible ticket stub?  He didn't have his own?!