Author Topic: One a day  (Read 92600 times)

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
  • While my guitar gently weeps...
The idea behind this is to offer suggestions for what songs other users on this site should listen to. This is not a "What are you listening to" thread, so please don't post multiple songs per day, hence the title of the thread. I think a suggestion thread like this should be easy to navigate, so it shouldn't be congested. I think the users of this site have alot of good music to recommend to one another, so do it in this thread.

One song per user per day. Try not to post anything besides a song rec (again, navigation is key). Feel free to explain why we should listen to the song you are recommending.

Also, since 90% of this site already knows of STP, GNR, VR, or any other band affiliated with them, try and go outside of those bands.

Enjoy!

Offline ChocolateBalls

• Global Moderator
  • I shot my love today
My Friends - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Because it's a really good song, from a sadly under-rated album [One Hot Minute] :)

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
Smoking Popes - Need you around

This has been one of my favorite songs ever since the mid 90's, when it first came out. I loved this band for the split second they were together. The lead singer has a very unique voice, and this song has some of the catchiest lyrics I have ever had the pleasure of hearing.

Offline PIKE POUNDER

• Gilby Fan
  • Gunslinger
Aerosmith- Livin' on the Edge

This song is amazing, it's so deep and true down to each word. The band put alot of work into this song, and it posess alot of unique riff's to it. The lyrics are amazing "If you can judge a wise man by the colour of his skin, then mister you're a better man then I." that's so deep. Just give a whirl, I guarentee you'll find something good in it.

[Good Idea for a thread scottyh]

-- Mike

Offline kathyb76/UK

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dreaming of Revelry
The Real Thing By Faith No More

Such a brilliant song, the lyrics are amazing. Everytime I listen to this song it never fails to make me all goose bumpy...The haunting voice that Mike Patton has in parts...JUST LISTEN!! DO IT.....NOW!!!

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
Nine Inch Nails - Last

The most underrated song on Broken.

Offline Jarno

• Sniper Assassin
Foo Fighters - DOA

Current Foo Fighters single and best foo's song since Everlong. Dave Grohl has an amazing talent to write catchy rock anthems like this. My favourite new rock song at the moment...

Offline zm_julia

• Straight Shooter
  • I Think I Lost My Headache
Kyuss- I(Gardenia, Asteroid, Supa Scoopa & Mighty Scoop)

From the album Welcome to Sky Valley. There are only four tracks on the album; each track has about three songs on it + lots of killer jamming. If you like Josh Homme in QOTSA, be sure to check out his amazing work in Kyuss! It's sort of like Black Sabbath done desert stoner rock style.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 04:58:14 PM by zm_julia »

Offline Kona

• Gunslinger
    • naked pictures
Clutch - Regulator

Clutch is an underrated band and this song is just awesome. Competent guitarwork and a great melody in the whole song where you need all instruments and vocals to make it sound good.

edit: by the way, this thread is a good idea. Good way to find good songs instead of searching on your own for so long.

Offline moosie1973

• Gunslinger
Stay With Me Till Dawn by Judie Tzuke

I love this song...its beautiful....It aint Rock n Roll.... But a great song... the kind what makes you wanna snuggle up with your lover....

Offline Guns n' Revolvers

• Straight Shooter
  • Funk me I'm famous!
Otis Redding - Sitting in on the Dock of a Bay

Soul Singer from the sixties. Ok its not a rock song but it has to be one of the most relaxing songs ever. this man had one of the greatest voices in music history. i call it a story teller voice, where there could be limited lyrics but the vocals give every single word depth and meaning. I honestly think his death (at just 24) in one of the greatest losses in music.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 06:46:51 AM by Guns n' Revolvers »

Offline Snake Child

• Sniper Assassin
  • 'Caus Ur Worthless!
AeroSmith-Crazy

Its awsome,Great song And a even better Solo :smitten:

Offline Born 2 b Wild

• Gunslinger
  • Yipee Ky-Ay Motherfucker!!
Queen - radio ga ga

the best band ever, just simple

Offline Martin

• Sniper Assassin
My Vitriol - Always Your Way

I can't explain it, but this song just does something to me.  The music really encapsulates you.... listen to it through headphones for full effect.

Offline im_tim

• Straight Shooter
Alice In Chains- A Little Bitter

great song, the soft/loud dynamics really work out, to make the chorus as heavy as hell

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
The loveGods -Broken Tongue

there are a couple of other tracks downloadable if you follow the link aswell. (it's the bands site where the downloads are hosted.)

when you listen to this you'll realise why you should listen to it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 12:21:08 PM by snakepit_uk »

Offline .Vans™

• Sniper Assassin
  • Love Duff McKagan
    • My Myspace cause I am better than you.
Towers of London- On a Noose

Offline amsterdam

• Sniper Assassin
rolling stones - she saw me coming

this is track 7 from their upcoming album and it could as well be the new start me up/brown sugar/sympathy for the devil!!!
and amazing half-tempo song with great guitar riffs, and mick has never sound sleazier before :D

Offline LoveThing

• Sniper Assassin
    • TarshaRock
Mine is Angel by Aerosmith I have always loved how Steven Tyler sang that song

Offline duff_crazed_carly

• Target Practice
revelations - iron maiden

such a powerful song, yet also gorgeous and melodic...with an awesome solo! one of the best songs of the piece of mind album  :D

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
A Perfect Circle - 3 Libras
One of my all-time favourite songs ever... gorgeous!

Offline scottyh

• Golden god!
  • Global Moderator
A Perfect Circle - 3 Libras
One of my all-time favourite songs ever... gorgeous!
I second that

Nickel Creek - Helena

One of my favorite bands, and just about as close to country as I'll ever listen to (which actually isn't that close, but some of the instruments push that boundary a bit). I saw them live last year without knowing a thing about them, and they blew me away. They play something like 40 or so instruments between the 4 people in the band. Dual vocals between female and male lead singers. This song is very good though, and a recent release off of their new album "Why should the fire die?".

Offline kathyb76/UK

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dreaming of Revelry
Return To Innocence - Enigma

This is a song that when I heard it years ago, I just loved it instantly...its one of the songs I want played at my funeral..the words are beautiful. :) :(

Offline Guns n' Revolvers

• Straight Shooter
  • Funk me I'm famous!
Queen - radio ga ga

the best band ever, just simple

i agree they are one of the best bands ever but that song is one of their worst.

Led Zeppelin - Achilles Last Stand

Possibly their greatest ever song.

Offline rockcandy

• Straight Shooter
trampled underfoot-led zeppelin

this song has been in my head for weeks, hopefully it will be in yours too. :lol: :wink: