Author Topic: NO MORE!  (Read 44022 times)

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
The moderating team has been receiving numerous complaints the last few days about the contents of the Mosh Pit in particular.

There will be no more "cheer up" threads allowed in here.  Enough is enough.  Everyone has bad days.  Everyone has good days.  That is how life goes.  Most of you have MSN and pm boxes (I will be getting back to this one) and you are to use those instead of posting it on the forum.  And please, after reading this, do not open another apology thread.  Those are not welcome either.

PM's.  You are able to block someone from pm'ing you.  It's in your Profile under Personal Message Options.  You can add people to your ignore list.  You can also choose to alert one of the moderating team if someone is harassing you or sending you unwanted pm's after you've requested they stop.  We will take action. 

We're striving hard to make it a fun place for all.  If there's a few that are making it a miserable experience for others, they will have their posting privileges taken away.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 05:34:25 PM by Velvet Revolver »

Offline WomanoftheWorld

• Slash Momma
  • Sniper Assassin
  • Slashaholics "untie!"
    • All Things Considered...Slash!
Thanks for that.  I think this will make the whole forum a better place for everyone to enjoy!   :D

Offline AxlReznor

• Sniper Assassin
  • Toasted Marshmallow
The cheer up threads were getting a bit much. :?

Offline TempleOfRoses

• Sniper Assassin
I'm just letting you all know, myself and the whole entire moderating staff is going to be keeping a VERY close eye on this situation from here on out.  It pains me and the rest of the moderating staff to come home from work everyday and to have PM's and Emails about certain situations day after day.  This forum was made for one reason, VELVET REVOLVER, there is not one member of this forum who is bigger then the reason that we have all decided to join this forum and it will remain that way as long as this forum is here.  I just hope that everyone can understand this because from now on, your slack is gone -- I'm not saying we're going to be FBI here but there are situations, like the one described by Michele that are going to have a ZERO-TOLERANCE policy enforced.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 05:26:17 PM by TempleOfRoses »

Offline absence

• Straight Shooter
  • living on a jet making love to someone elses dream
fair enough mods
thanks for all your hard work :wave:

Offline Negative Creep

• Sniper Assassin
  • Spay Yourself.
What were those cheer up threads about? I wasn't a part of them. Somebody inform me.

Offline Velvet Revolver

• Administrator
Thanks for understanding everyone!

The cheer up threads were threads created to cheer up one particular poster at a time because they were having a bad day.  It was overwhelming the board and actually creating more feelings of hardship.  Bad days are natural in anyones life but it is something that should be contained to pm's or in a instant messenger chat.

Offline Snake Child

• Sniper Assassin
  • 'Caus Ur Worthless!
What were those cheer up threads about? I wasn't a part of them. Somebody inform me.

If Some one had some much a a lousy day.Most of the time there wold be a big cheer up thread made for them :).but then lots of people where having crappy days :?,Am i saying this Right? :?

Offline WomanoftheWorld

• Slash Momma
  • Sniper Assassin
  • Slashaholics "untie!"

If Some one had some much a a lousy day.Most of the time there wold be a big cheer up thread made for them :).but then lots of people where having crappy days :?,Am i saying this Right? :?

Yes, that is right.  It got to be a bit much...

Just a question about blocking someone in your pm box - does the person you block know you did?  Or will they just keep sending messages that get unanswered and eventually get the hint? 

Offline shirleythetatoo

• Sniper Assassin

Just a question about blocking someone in your pm box - does the person you block know you did?  Or will they just keep sending messages that get unanswered and eventually get the hint? 

I would imagine the other person would get informed "you have been blocked" by "so and so"
or such?  the PMs just fly back to the person sending them
 I block some emails - In my job - Once the block is on, it stops, but yes they know where the block has come from.
I hope you aren't being harrased WOTW  :(
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 02:02:43 PM by shirleythetatoo »

Offline shirleythetatoo

• Sniper Assassin
sorry actually I realise I am generalising and this forum could have different things in place. sorry about that.

Offline Muffin

• Target Practice
The cheer up threads were getting a bit much. :?

Just alitte but every other topic was one. It was ok at first but they just went to far with them. :?

Sam.

Offline moosie1973

• Gunslinger
Go Moderators!!!!  :D

This is a great forum and I think if all the members read this thread and take note, it will make it a place all members enjoy coming to again....... :)

Offline Born 2 b Wild

• Gunslinger
  • Yipee Ky-Ay Motherfucker!!
its all my fault 4 being 2 nice isnt it?
i start all those threads, god i feel depressed......

Offline Muffin

• Target Practice

Dude seriously it was a good thing what you did and it was ok at first but it just got out of hand. I'm having a really bad day now but I'm not expecting a thread about it. Your depressed about what people have said ......... On a fourm?? There are more importent things to worry about then what people think of you on a fourm.

Your a great guy but things got out of hand. There's no point getting depressed about it.

Sam.

Offline .Vans™

• Sniper Assassin
  • Love Duff McKagan
    • My Myspace cause I am better than you.
About bloody time.

Thank you Velvet!  :D

Offline Kona

• Gunslinger
    • naked pictures

We must pretend we're happy now.

Anyway, good job moderators for making a decision about it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 08:57:41 AM by Kona »

Offline Sverre

• Administrator

Your kindness wasn't the root to the problem. It wasn't until people started having bad days just to get a thread (or two...) dedicated to them that things got out of hand.

Offline WomanoftheWorld

• Slash Momma
  • Sniper Assassin
  • Slashaholics "untie!"

I would imagine the other person would get informed "you have been blocked" by "so and so"
or such?  the PMs just fly back to the person sending them
 I block some emails - In my job I deal with people who are psyc patients and criminals and no offence to them, but I was getting emails and had to end up getting an unlisted phone number because they found me in the phone book and would ring me at home and so forth.
Once the block is on, it stops, but yes they know where the block has come from.
I hope you aren't being harrased WOTW  :(

No I'm not being harassed.  I was just curious.   :D

Offline LoveThing

• Sniper Assassin
    • TarshaRock
thanks Michele for posting this for us and we will make sure that there will be good threads on here. I really do love this board I am thankful for being on here.

Offline StaticSeth

• Sniper Assassin
    • My blog: Wow, you're tall.
good to see the 'cheer up' threads are being put to an end. i come to this forum to check out what's new and stuff, and i'd rather not have to sift through drama threads and whatnot. it's understandable that people need cheering up, and like people said, that's what PMs are for. some forums don't even have the option to PM people, so we have it good!

Offline Negative Creep

• Sniper Assassin
  • Spay Yourself.

You're not depressed.

Offline kathyb76/UK

• Sniper Assassin
  • Dreaming of Revelry
Thanks Moderators for giving this issue a mention, it was doing my head in!!. :D

Offline amsterdam

• Sniper Assassin
thanks to all the moderators to keep this great forum running!!!
respect for you all!!
sometimes you have to adjust some things, that is normal..
and i got the feeling the vast majority here agrees with that.