Author Topic: VR Forum's Policy Regarding Copyright Protected Music  (Read 15185 times)

Offline Baban

• Pea Gun Newbie
  • We Bring The Whuppin,You Bring The Revolver!

Offline Son of Sam

• Sniper Assassin
Well, VR already made their money on this song. Plus, its not being sold for profit on the soundtrack. Is it really copyright material?

There are some limitations. Whether the court allows you to reproduce, distribute, adapt, display and/or perform copyrighted works depends upon the nature of the use (commercial purposes, non-profit, educational), the length of the excerpt, how distinctive the original work is, and how the use will impact the market for the original work.

Hell, I need this song for educational purposes and I'm not selling it for profit. lol
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 08:22:16 AM by Son of Sam »

Offline Just_Me

• Staff
To avoid confusion, the rule is applied without any exceptions.

But which song are you actually talking about?

Offline _

• Sniper Assassin
if a song hasn't been commercially released would it then be ok to post it?

Offline marina817

• Unloaded
  • Been a Velvet Revolver at the get go!
Hey, I want to give a big shout out to the webmaster of velvet-revolver.com, Rik...this is Marina from the swamps of New Mexico.  Yes the swamps, our neighbor El Paso is a flooded river...anyway, enough about the weather...

Rik gives us the most up to  date info on the "guys" as we impatiently wait for their new album....

Thanks again! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Offline Quickmama

• Straight Shooter
I have to agree with the Administrators and Mods. Our guys do this for a living to support themselves and their families. We are all anxious about the new stuff VR is working and and can't wait for it to come out, but there is no doubt in my mind it will be more than worth it. We have to respect VR's wishes and buy the stuff when it is released. I'm just as anxious as the next guy, but please respect our guys and their families and management. We have to wait. They will make it up to us. I know they will. Remember good things take time!!!!!!!!

Offline schmoff

• Pea Gun Newbie
does this refer too live bootlegs also, those aren't for sale anywhere so I'm not sure?
i was looking to get a boot from the sayerville show last week and have some for trade but don't want to break any rules :D

send me a message please

Offline Sverre

• Administrator
as long as VR doesn’t explicitly ask us to act differently, we also encourage and appreciate sharing of live recordings in our community

Offline Quickmama

• Straight Shooter
Hey all!! I said it a year ago and I'll say it again. VR works very hard. I've seen them twice now and I bought both Contraband and Libertad from the STORE. I buy their teeshirts and their posters from the STORE!! Please support them. It's the least we can do for Velvet Revolver!! Rock ON!!