Author Topic: 2005-04-07 - The Tonight Show With Jay Leno - NBC Studios, Burbank, CA, USA  (Read 42600 times)

Offline _nightrain_

• Sniper Assassin
  • 14 years of silence.
What problem?

I haven't seen the Jay Leno show yet.

Offline superbrandon

• Sniper Assassin
  • i hope they serve beer in hell
    • http://www.mygnr.com
go to the news section to see it all

Offline velvet angel

• Sniper Assassin
i found their sound rock n roll. it was full on loud but thats classic rock n roll. well have fun when you go 8)

Offline Butterfly3

• Pea Gun Newbie
hey guys,

i just came back from the tonight show and VR rocked!!!! i stuck around after the show and got to meet Slash and Matt. They are sooo cool. I got pictures and autographs from them, and of course i let them know how much they freakin' rock!!!!!!!! And may i add that Matt is very handsome in person, and i touched Slash's hair, it's very soft. Well, make sure you guys watch the show tonight, i made sure that me and my peeps yelled our asses off when Jay announced them. It was sad to see that only my group of friends (5) were the only VR fans there, everyone else were old tourist, this is the same thing that happened the last time I went to see them at Leno, but oh well. Anywayz, I'll chat with you guys later. Peace out, Ciao!!!

Liz}i{

p.s They performed DLT

VR f*%#ing ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Offline dbyron

• Target Practice
I was watching something i taped earlier and saw brittany murphy on leno and then after her this comedian came up and it was like 12:25 and usually comedians are the last thing instead of music, so i assumed something happened and they werren't on tonight, but by the time i checked leno and saw the comedian was the 2nd guest it was too late.  There's a leno replay in 30 min, so i'll set a timer and check it out later

later

Offline dbyron

• Target Practice
maybe he started singing STB as a joke towards the record label that made them release DLT as the next single.

later

Offline Bono

• Pea Gun Newbie
Quote from: _nightrain_
What problem?

It sounded muffled. Just a big bassy drumm and bass. It was just not a crisp sound like you get with Gn'R. Both Edmonton and Calgary papers said the same thing and the guys iw as with in Edmonton thought the sound was crap and guys I now who were in Calgary all agree. Maybe Alberta just got a raw deal but either way the sound was bad when I saw them. The show rocked though.

Offline dbyron

• Target Practice
no offense to the pope or catholics, but   DAMNIT!!  All i wanted to do was tape the leno replay so i could watch them, but they're showing live funeral coverage...  Big thanks to whoever can get the video hosted somewhere.
Thanks!

later

Offline Jizzo

• Gunslinger
you gotta be fucking kidding me, the funeral is on!!!! Whers my DLT fix

Offline thecrowtv

• Staff
    • http://www.thecrowsloft.com
im gonna fuckin scream, because my HDTV feed of NBC here went out.  So no HDTV capture of VR !!!!!

Offline Rockergirl

• Gunslinger
The performance was good, a little weak but still always great to watch them live.Scott was FULL of energy!

Offline Velvet00Revolver

• Pea Gun Newbie
I work all night and I didnt get to see it. :-/ Is it up anywhere to watch?

Offline vrjersey30d

• Straight Shooter
Quote from: dbyron
maybe he started singing STB as a joke towards the record label that made them release DLT as the next single.

That's what I was thinking.

Great performance, Scott really knows how to put on a great show.  I also liked the fact that Duff's little bass riff was heard in the beginning of the song, I thought it sounded great.

Offline blumpkin6

• Straight Shooter
ya if someone could put this up it would be great i was at a sevendust concert last nite

Offline IN UTERO

• Staff
  • What's Next!
I thought it was a great performance :headbanger:  

Sounded great too  :smoking:  

Much better than last time...

Offline Spidervein

• Sniper Assassin
http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12423

sure the video will follow shortly

WOW sounds amazing cant wait untill 5/14. the bands sounds so tight and scott sounds great

Offline dbyron

• Target Practice
I see you have a tba Staind...is that just assuming they're going to tour soon b/c of the new album or have you heard something about an upcoming tour?  And I get to see audioslave 4 days before you..yeah for me!  lol  That's going to be another amazing show.

later

Offline *In Pumps*

• Target Practice
I just show it today! Yes I know it's the 8th but we get shows late here. My mom actually left the room because I was going SO crazy! -LOL-

Offline Top-Hatted One

• Sniper Assassin
    • http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses283
Quote from: Bono
What problem?

It sounded muffled. Just a big bassy drumm and bass. It was just not a crisp sound like you get with Gn'R. Both Edmonton and Calgary papers said the same thing and the guys iw as with in Edmonton thought the sound was crap and guys I now who were in Calgary all agree. Maybe Alberta just got a raw deal but either way the sound was bad when I saw them. The show rocked though.

yeah they definitely got to do something about the sound crew. Far too many times the bass sounds off and you can barely hear slash and scott! i can't believe they still haven't addressed this problem! DLT is an extremely hard song to get right and it will never sound exactly right because they have to tune it down for Scott to be able to sing it every night but the sound guys can at least make it audible for us!

Offline Darth Yak

• Pea Gun Newbie
Quote from: Top-Hatted One
Quote from: Bono
What problem?

yeah they definitely got to do something about the sound crew. Far too many times the bass sounds off and you can barely hear slash and scott! i can't believe they still haven't addressed this problem! DLT is an extremely hard song to get right and it will never sound exactly right because they have to tune it down for Scott to be able to sing it every night but the sound guys can at least make it audible for us!

Word to that. I was so jazzed to see it, I haven't seen many vids of them live. But I wish they'd gotten the sound right.  :?

Even though you could barely hear scott it was a great performance. I can't wait to find the vid to download.

Offline Top-Hatted One

• Sniper Assassin
    • http://www.myspace.com/gunsnroses283
it was a great performance but im used to gnr/stp standards as far as sounding clear every single show.

Offline Quickmama

• Straight Shooter
Hey guys, I recorded the show on my DVR last night. Just b4 VR came out to play, I stopped the recording and started a new one so I could just have the VR performance separate from the rest of the show and don't have to FF to their performance. I loved it, but I'm sure it doesn't compare to their live concerts. I wish the crew would have turned up Slash and Scott to be able to hear them better, but that's OK. Scott seems to be more comfortable with his "step up" as lead singer for the band, proud of that. Slash jammin as usual (Definitely could have handled louder) and Duff was sharp on that bass  :cool:

Offline _nightrain_

• Sniper Assassin
  • 14 years of silence.
Cool.. It was a good performance. I recorded it  :)

Offline Red Hot Lady

• Webmistress
  • Sniper Assassin
  • One click and I can make you disappear